The story of Alfie's Angels has been designed to be used in multi-model teaching. This provides different ways of learning to reinforce understanding. Alfie's Angels can be used as:
- dual language audio ebooks from the Mantra Lingua's e-booklub with learning activities
- softback printed books in dual language which are PENpal Enabled
- minibook creator where users can colour in the pictures inside a minibook and record their story page by page
- storyboard artwork for storytelling either with viVOS Artframe or PENpal with recordable stickers
How to access each:
- To access the dual language ebooks, you will need to subscribe to Mantra Lingua's e booklub. This was launched in January 2016. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- softback print books can be accessed through the search facility or by clicking here
- Minibook creator: If you have the minibook creator software then you can make a mini-book of the story and narrate it in your own words with PENpal on each page.
Click on the image to download and print onto StoryPAD paper, then add audio with PENpal to tell your own version.
- Storyboarding is a good way to visually deconstruct a story. The starting point is to think how you want to retell the story in 12 key sections. Then you can make your own pictures. But to get you started, we have made an A3 size artwork which you can colour in and use with PENpal/stickers or with viVOS Artframe. Click on the picture of the storyboard and download the image file and save to your desktop. Then print out the desktop file on A3 paper. You can make as many copies as you like. Watch these videos to see how storyboarding works: the example in the video is using the three Billy Goats Gruff storyboard with PENpal / Storyboard with viVOS.
We have intentionally changed the artwork so that children can see different views of the story and teachers can ask them to make their own drawings.